Food Story : This is Ganapati Bappa’s favourite sweet. So we all prepare this sweet on Ganesh Chaturdashi. It is a very healthy sweet as it is steamed!
Fresh Coconut 1 cup
Sugar ¾ cup
Cashew nut ¼ cup
Raisins ¼ cup
Cardamom Powder ½ tsp.
Rice Flour 2 cups
Water 1 ½ cup
Pure Ghee 1 tblsp.
Oil 1 tsp.
Salt a pinch
- Grate fresh coconut.
- Boil water and add ghee, oil & salt in it.
- When the water is boiling, add the rice flour.
- Stir well, put off the stove and cover and keep it for 5 minutes.
- Take grated coconut, sugar and cook in another vessel.
- Add cashew nut and raisins or dry fruits of your choice.
- Add cardamom powder and put off the fire.
- Do not stir for long time as the filling has to remain soft.
- Now, take the rice flour mix and knead it well in parts.
- You can apply little ghee and water to your palms before kneading.
- Make 14 equal balls and keep it covered.
- Take 1 ball, roll it well on your palms and shape it into a cup.
- Keep the edges thins as we will be plaiting them.
- Take 2 tsp. of sweet coconut filling and place it in the middle.
- Now pleat the edges and gently rotate the ladoo.
- Collect all the pleats and gently join them on top and pinch the dough to seal the filling.
- Dip them a little in water and keep them in a ready steamer and cook them for 10 minutes.
- Put off the flame and let them rest for some time before serving.
- Pour melted pur ghee on them before serving.
- You can get 14 to 15 modaks from this recipe.
- Ganapati Bappa moraya!!!