Food Story : This is a Maharashtrian, Indian Sweet dish. The Pathare Prabhus call it Raghav Das Ladoo. This dish is prepared during Diwali and other Indian festivals The rawa and fresh coconut combination is superb. As we use fresh coconut in this laddoo, the shelf life is short.
Rawa 1 ½ cup
Fresh Coconut 1 cup
Sugar 1 cup
Water ½ cup
Pure Ghee 2 tblsp.
Badam, Pista & Raisins 50 gms.
Cardamom 5 gms.
Kesar few strands
Nutmeg ¼ tsp.
- Take ghee and roast rawa in it till golden brown.
- Add grated coconut and continue roasting.
- Add dry fruits.
- Add cardamom powder, nutmeg and kesar (optional).
- Remove the mix and heat water in the same vessel.
- When the water comes to a boil, add sugar.
- Heat till you get 1 string consistency. The syrup is ready.
- Now, add the rawa mix and stir well.
- Roll to ladoos when the mixture is cool.
- The ladoo will seem soft first, but will become firm when the sugar sets.
- You will get 10 to 12 ladoos approximately.