Food Story : Mawa Modak are available all over India with different flavours and taste. You get 150 gms. Mawa from 1 litre of milk.
- Mawa ½ kg
- Sugar ¼ kg.
- Milk Powder ½ cup
- Badam 2 tbsp.
- Pista 2 tbsp.
- Cardamom pwd. 1 tbsp.
- Warm Milk 2 tsp.
- Kesar little
- Grate the Mawa.
- Powder the sugar, chop the nuts.
- Heat a non stick pan and roast the mawa for 5 mins.
- Add milk powder and stir.
- Add cardamom powder, bdam, pista and kesar mixed in warm milk.
- Remove the mawa in a thali and let it come to room temperature.
- Now add the powdered sugar and mix the dough thoroughly.
- Keep a little powdered sugar aside.
- Take the mould and sprinkle sugar and dust the excess sugar out.
- Now make small mawa balls and place them in the moulds.
- Keep a grain of cardamom in each modak mould.
- Press the mould and remove excess mawa.
- I got 52 modaks. i.e. 51 modaks for Bappa and 1 for his rat!