Food Story : You will find Indian bread prepared in every Indian household. They are called, chapatti, phulkas, rotis, poli, etc. They are mostly prepared from wheat flour. Inspite of all the planning in your day to day menu, we are left with some extra phulkas at the end of the day. So, here is a recipe where you prepare sweet ladoos from these left over phulkas.
Jaggery ½ cup
Pure ghee 2 tblsp.
Almonds 1 tblsp.
Pista 1 tblsp.
Raisins 1 tblsp.
Cardamom pwd ½ tsp.
- Put the phulkas through a blender till you get a course powder form.
- You get approximately 1 cup of Phulka powder.
- Heat the ghee in a vessel.
- Chop and fry the dry fruits.
- Add jiggery and let it melt.
- Add cardamom powder.
- Stir for some time.
- Add the Phulkas powder and mix.
- Put off the flame.
- Let the mix cool for some time.
- Take small portions of the mix and roll them into ladoos.
- You will get approximately 10 small ladoos.